Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Got Out the Obama Shirt Again, Gonna Sleep in it Tonight

I almost gave up and thought we'd have to deal with Hillary and Bill ad nauseum. But then I saw what happened in North Carolina tonight, and I listened to Obama's speech.

He's remained cool, calm and collected. He hasn't tried to pretend he's something he's not. He's young and full of promise. As he says, he's not perfect. But we can support and nurture him. I believe what he says about truth and I don't think he and Jeremiah Wright or he and anyone else have a secret agenda. He's not so power hungry that he's sold his soul. He loves the country, and I believe that, when he says it. He can transcend and inspire. The world is better with him in it, wherever he is.

Let's see what happens now. By Jove, I think he's got it.

Obama-McCain will be a much more interesting and civilized race to the end. Won't it? Hope we won't devolve into another civil war.