Monday, September 15, 2008

I Desperately Need a Dummies Guide to the Economic Crisis...Are We Going to Lose Every Bit of Our Money?

Lehman Brothers....Merrill Lynch...A.I.G. Insurers....all going down or in serious trouble today. TODAY. Things are happening so fast the common man or woman has no idea what's happening, and probably not enough time to do what has to be done. It's like a hurricane. Tom Friedman says we have to borrow from China, the only one who could help us, to pay Saudi Arabia, the one we really need in order to keep things rolling here in the USA. We'll be owned by the countries we avow to be so different from.

I blame a lot of people, from Georgie-Porgie himself, to those self-congratulatory coked-up Wall St. guys who've been drinking $2000 (and up) bottles of wine and buying and selling $2000 (and up) prostitutes to celebrate their good fortune, as they accumulate and misdirect and squander untold wealth.

I want to know simple things, like should I take my savings, pitiful though it may be, cash in that nestegg- paying all the fees and taxes - and bury it under a tree somewhere,or convert it to gold, and resign myself to living like a hermit with a shotgun and a stockpile of water and canned goods? While the big guys at the top talk over our heads, who is going to explain, in language simple folk like me can understand, what to do? TODAY!

Thank God my grandmother taught me how to live off the land. Now if only I can remember the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment