Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sarah Palin's Hair etc: How Can Things Be So Easy For Someone So Dumb?

Sarah Palin comes out of nowhere looking like a huge mistake, and next thing you know the Republicans are neck and neck with Obama.

After a day or so, the world learns that her teenage daughter is preggers, and it turns out to be a demographic coup.

Palin blatantly lies her way through her acceptance speech, and comes out smelling like a rose.

She attended six colleges, none of them anything much at first glance, and it turns out nobody cares.

She winds her hair up in a topknot and dons expensive glasses (to downplay her natural beauty, she implies) and starts a style sensation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I came from somewhere, looking like a well-crafted woman full of promise, and end up looking like a cake that didn't rise.

I struggled to be vigilant and raise children who would make it through teenage years unscathed by pregnancy, and learn eventually that maybe it's best to have babies young.

I told a lie once: "Officer I thought I was only going 55." I paid a heavy price, in fines and higher insurance rates.

I got a quality liberal arts education from an excellent college, and always thought good education was essential to a meaningful and productive life. But a woman can clearly be very successful without all that effort...maybe even President of the United States some day.

I can't just flip my hair up willy-nilly like Sarah....so I go to the hair salon and pay an arm and a leg for a fancy haircut and leave the joint, looking like Zelda Fitzgerald in her final year in the asylum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What the hell? What's it all about? Ok so Sarah's lucky. John McCain too. One thing I know: the Republicans aren't worried about you and me. They aren't even worried about Sarah Palin. They just don't care. They will do the despicable "deny, deny, accuse" thing, and lie, cheat and steal their way to power once again, based on their disregard for the American populace, employing their vengeful and dishonorable tactics to keep power where they want it...in their own pocketbooks. Now I've vented. I'm heading for the hills!

No comments:

Post a Comment