Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Congratulations to Barack Obama: So This is Christmas

Tonight I think about Barack Obama's victory and I am filled with all of the very best feelings I used to have when I was young. Can't stop thinking of how graceful he's been throughout. Can't stop thinking of Ted Kennedy's endorsement even from the throes of his illness. Can't stop thinking of John Lennon. Can't stop thinking of what it would be like to be young and filled with hope. Can't stop thinking how wonderful it is to be in my sixties and feel that way again.

With love, respect, and gratitude for all that Barack Obama seems to understand. And though I probably should apologize for posting this sad video accompaniment to John Lennon's Happy Christmas, War is (almost) Over. I know Mr. Obama understands, and will do something about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment