Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trans-global Pranic Healing Experience

My daughter is currently studying Pranic healing in India. On short notice, by phone this morning, my beautiful daughter Honna arranged a long-distance half-hour meditation for me in Cape May USA, with her, her teacher by her side, and her teacher's teacher (both of them older men in Uttar Pradesh- aka Uttarakhand) at some distance in another part of town. My daughter told me to sit facing east with my feet on the ground and my palms open facing up. She called to say that the session would begin and then called half an hour later to say it was ending, to instruct me to give thanks for the healing and to pray that I will receive positive benefits from it, which I did.

I have a healthy skepticsm about these things, but if you read my earlier post you will know I have a healthy skepticism about modern medicine as well. When I was young, I identified myself as a "seeker" and went out in the world looking for some truths. I still look for the truth, and am particularly interested in things that are always true. I have found that it's always true that the gentler side of life, people who have kind, light and gentle spirits, wildflowers, simple things, are sources of comfort. And more than all else, faith.

While in my shared meditation extending from my living room in Cape May to the Himalaya, I experienced the most logical and clear feeling I could have: that I was being helped, that there was positive energy coming my way, and I felt the love of and for my daughter shining like a golden sparkling spinning healing orb.

During this remarkable experience, as I felt a number of physical phenomena, many memories opened up of my own youthful searches. I remembered my children, my beautiful babies around me in meditations ranging from Vedanta meditations in a dark room in Pittsburgh, to a Quaker prayer meeting, to Hands Across America on the Ben Franklin Bridge, to some whole earth meditation at dawn years ago on the beach, to solstice parties, glorious Thanksgiving meals, transcendent moments at the altar rail in the Episcopal church. I know things will go along well, all forces combined. And I remember the Reverend Claude Jeter singing "All Things Are Possible If You Will Only Believe."

No comments:

Post a Comment