Sunday, July 27, 2008

Climbing to Leh Palace! Spectacular dancing, costumes, and view.

Hi all. No way to explain the beauty and excitement. Can you believe I walked up to the Leh Palace, nearly sliding down the hill a few times. I was so out of breath and kept saying I couldn’t do it but Honna kept encouraging me onward. I noticed an old monk at the very top watching our ascent for awhile. At the end we decided to diverge from the established path and take a shortcut straight up the last stretch with no rocks for steps, nothing to hold onto, just dirt, and I just couldn’t make it. Suddenly two young heavenly sherpas came to my rescue and helped me up, such strong arms I’ve never felt, except when a Tibetan women helped me climb up some steps in Dumkhar., and now I’ve noticed Honna has Tibtan arms too. The forearm bones, when I have relied upon them, have been like rods of steel! I was panting for breath, thought I would die for sure, but with heavenly wings- those arms holding me up, we made it to the top and at the ancient Leh Palace saw close-up all the traditional Ladakhi-Tibetan dances and costumes I have always loved and never dreamed I’d see. The view from the palace is so breath-taking - no picture could ever do it justice, it’s really near as can be (for most people) to the top of the world. I can’t explain the thrill of it. I said from the beginning of the trip that I would never be able to walk that far, but thanks to Honna and the other Ladakhi arms, I did! I highly recommend the book "Jesus Lived in India." Of course he did. All you need to do is come here to Ladakh and the monasteries to understand it all.And even to understand that His teachings are embued with Buddhism.Beyond belief, beyond amazing, beyond my wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment