Monday, July 14, 2008

Voyage

My mind's been running from the ridiculous to the sublime and back again all day long, Here's a sample....I'm in the mood for a little poetry as I prepare to set virtual sail. A little dab'll do ya'. (That's from an old Brylcreem ad)

From Tennyson's Ulysses:

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And speaking of Brylcreem:



Thanks to Dreamer2TV

I wonder if they have the old Burma Shave signs anywhere anymore? I'll have to do a little research on those when I get back. Toodle-oo. Blah blah blah....

No comments:

Post a Comment