Thursday, February 28, 2008

The bird's back...and I'm not sure how I feel about it

6:28 AM and my cardinal is back pecking on my window with determination! I'm not sure how many people could understand this flimsy co-dependency - and I really do hope he moves on in the spring- My good sister tried to console me last night by saying the following: "Don't fret about your cardinal- Our cardinal is still hard at it- pecking at two windows, and has been for several years... Whether it is the same one or not, it is their journey in life...and your cardinal WANTED to peck away searching and searching.... and maybe has met his end because of that search."

I know cats are patient psychoanalysts- (I certainly don't allow any of them in my house!)- and the neighbor's well-fed cat is in no hurry to subdue my little bird. I just wonder how long I can take it, if I'll defect and begin to cheer on the predator as the days go by?

No comments:

Post a Comment