Friday, March 21, 2008

If You Will Only Believe, by the Reverend Claude Jeter and the Swan Silvertones



Thanks to ArchieB9876

In January I sat with a friend and watched the video song above by the Silvertones, one of her favorite singing groups. We both knew that my friend's long battle with cancer was nearing its end. After the song was over,she said "So, tell me, what is that supposed to mean? Are you trying to tell me that if I would only believe, my cancer would go away?" We both knew it wouldn't.

I told her what I could, and we both knew I was trying very hard. She watched me carefully, and knew I believed it: that you just don't know what lies ahead, on the other side. It could be far more amazing than anything you've ever hoped for, far more wonderful than anything you thought possible. There's world upon world, world within world, music, science, math, art, earth, the sun, the moon, the stars, into eternity. "In my father's house are many mansions" (John 14:2), world without end, Amen. You could fly to God and sing in the heavenly choir, and dwell in the communion of saints.You could be with your loved ones forever, lifetime after lifetime, here there and everywhere in the universe, beyond time and space as we know it. All things are possible, if you will only believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment