Wednesday, August 20, 2008

India Daze- Luxurious Rest and Recovery and the Bardo Thodol

I just can’t spring back from my trip- I want to be back in India and actually still am in may ways. I’m in a daze three weeks later, and thank God have been able to succumb to the daze since work doesn’t start again until next week. The first week back I was in a deep miracle-slumber in every molecule and moved around the house in a sylph-like state.

After a few days I went to the vegetable stand near my house for fresh apricots and cilantro, indigenous to Ladakh. After about a week I got the mail out of the mailbox and actually ventured out to the convenience store for milk and coffee. (Real coffee definitely not readily available in Ladakh) After two weeks I went to the big grocery store and got all things that reminded me of Ladakh- good rice, walnuts, barley. Have only tried meat once since India, it's lost its appeal to me for now.

Reading "Tibetan Book of Death and Dying" at Honna's recommendation. I remember the Bardo Thodol from the 60's and variations on it (Leary, Huxley et al) way back then, so it is great to read this version after some forty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment