Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shaking Off the Fugue State-(and Sarah Palin as a young TV anchor)

India is just a gentle memory now that I've been home a month. Every molecule had been stressed and altered and I went into coccoon status for weeks. I'm no butterfly, just a strange old bird who is getting back to normal. Travelling requires stamina!

How did Hillary do what she did, past 60 years old- endless campaigning for months on end? How does John McCain do it? They don't look like they spend hours a day on treadmills, but maybe they do. Why don't we see more signs of utter exhaustion? Or is the Palin nomination a signal of exhaustion, combat fatigue, post-traumatic-stress disorder? There's no way it's a calculated and brilliant move. I know how hard it's been to regain my footing and my judgement, and to really "get back" from India. And it's becoming more and more clear to me that John McCain still hasn't "gotten back" from Vietnam.

I mean, this girl is nice, but, a heart-beat away from the Presidency? Here's Sarah Palin as a young news anchor. Ten to one you won't be able to last the whole four minutes:

No comments:

Post a Comment